Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Glucometer and HIT Workout 3/2

2 days ago I purchased a Blood Glucose meter and have been using it to see my fasting blood glucose and how the my body responds to the foods I eat.  Since I eat pretty clear I expect little strangeness, but I wonder how the occasional cheat, like some popcorn with dinner on Friday nights.

So far my waking BG is around 95-100(I am not sure how accurate these things are or whether I need to calibrate it).  I did an all day fast Monday and it was 91 by the 23hr mark on the fast.  After a fairly healthy wine dinner the BG dropped to the lower 80s, which was interesting.  On a recommendation from Dr. Davis(Heart Scan Blog) I tried testing my BG every 20 minutes to get a response curve.  I found I peak out at around the hour mark and I have yet to have it go up over 110.  Yet to test on a true "cheat", but I will try that later.


After a bit of a break(12 days or so) I did my first HIT workout at Doug's 1 on 1 training in Greenville.
Workout(30min):


  • Tru Squat:  Included 3 assisted reps/negatives.
  • MedX Leg Abductor: 
  • MedX Leg Adductor 
  • MedX Leg Press
  • MedX Leg Curl
  • MedX Leg Extension
  • Wall/Ball Static Hold
  • Nautilus Assist Pull Up
  • MedX Chest Press: Also did 3-4 negatives/assisted reps.
  • MedX Compound Row: 
  • Push Ups: Negative only.  Pushed up myself on 5 then struggled to get up with my elbows.
  • Negative Pull Ups: 8, 12 second negatives
I was up in weight or time under load on all except leg extension.

I did my BG before and after the workout, which was interesting.  Waking: 99.  30 minutes before the workout 105.  5 minutes after the workout: 110.  It went up, which I believe makes sense.  I always experience some stress knowing what's coming and I think that is cortisol related.  As for the workout it is not a surprise that glucose spilled into the blood in response to the heavy training.  Reporting more on twitter for anyone who is interested.

2 comments:

Marc said...

Very interested! Thank you for sharing.

I'm going to buy one this weekend.
Which one did you buy?

Marc

SEO INDIA said...

thank for given me information about Glucometer. this article is very appreciable. Healthgenie also providing Glucometers and blood sugar testing devices.