I stumbled upon the place a few weeks ago while going out for dinner and noticed the MedX and Nautilus machines and followed up with a phone call. It turns out the trainer is SuperSlow certified so we bought a month's worth of sessions. It is much closer and easier for us, especially with the 2 munch-kins.
- Ball/Wall Squat Warm up
- TruSquat: Tough machine. I saw one of these at Greg Anderson's place, but didn't get a chance to use it there.
- MedX Leg Press: Did these with a larger range of motion. More like a deep squat.
- MedX Leg Extension
- MedX Leg Curl
- MedX Leg Abduction
- MedX Leg Adduction
- Nautilus Weight Assist Pull Up
- MedX Chest Press: Did these with a larger range of motion than usual. Felt it a bit more in my chest than triceps.
- MedX Seated Row: This machine did not have the SuperSlow modifications with the fall off cam like at UE. More consistently difficult the whole way rather than hard then easy.
- Push Up: 10 second down, hold for a bit, 10 seconds up. After 3 I couldn't push up anymore so I did 3 more negatives. Was hard to even get up at all with knees down. Ended up just using my elbows.
- Negative Pull Ups: Climbed up and did 6 or 7 slow negatives.
The workout was really, really tough. Quite a bit of carpet time afterward. As you can see, the volume is a bit more than usual and the exercises were different either in range of motion or in machine. I am writing this on Sunday and I finally don't feel sore anymore. Mixing it up made for a totally different experience.