Mixed in some sprints with light, explosive weights today(35 minutes or so total):
- Sprints: 6 sprints, all out. Various length, but averaging around 100 yards. 3 uphill, 3 downhill.
- Heavy Bag: 3 rounds beating the heavy bag. Around a minute or so each round with a minute or so rest in between. I didn't time it or anything. Just punched like heck until heavily winded and got back to it before I fully got my wind back.
- Kettle Bell Tabata: 20 seconds high swings, 10 seconds of rest, 20 seconds of sumo squat high pulls, 10 seconds of rest, 20 seconds of right hand snatches, 10 seconds of rest, 20 seconds of left hand snatches. Repeated those 4 again. All were with 35# Kettle Bell.
Meals after 23 hour fast:
- Dinner Last Night: Went to Moe's. Had a salad with extra meat. Chicken and Pulled Pork with some usual mexican salad veggies. No cheese. No sour cream. Still trying to keep unneeded saturated fat down, although I am not sure it matters after what I have read so far in "Good Calories, Bad Calories".
- 2nd Dinner: Left over Indian food. Lamb curry, chicken tikka masala and vegetable korma.
- 7:30pm Snack: A very small cortland apple and a cup of mixed nuts(heavy on the almonds)
- Breakfast Today: Western omelet with 1 omega 3 egg and 2 egg whites. Put some salsa on top. Had a half an apple and a few grapes with it.
Some interesting notes:
- Caffeine: I have cut back on caffeine and stopped altogether by 9am and have discovered an amazing thing. I, all of a sudden, am remembering my dreams. This is very unusual for me as in the past year before the cutback I maybe remembered 2-3 dreams total!
- 181#: Might be just usual fluctuations, but my weight was 181# on the scale today. This is up from the usual (highest since around March) while my 31" waist pants are looser at the waist and a touch tighter through the thigh and "seat". I sense I am gaining muscle and losing more fat. It would be nice to get back to 188# by next february with a gain in muscle mass and body fat still around 8%. We will see. I have been doing some form of resistance or plyometric training almost every day. I rarely am doing a treadmill run only. The above workout is becoming more the usual "off day", and it might be helping as I get a growth hormone boost more often. The slight drop in fruit intake might also be helping, but who knows?