Saturday, June 28, 2008

Turkey Burgers

Fasted 24 hours then made a meal with turkey burgers. Cooked burgers on the grill along with a red bell pepper and an onion. After flipping the burgers, added the onions on top with a slice of American cheese. Served it with an avocado and a big salad containing romaine, spinach, red cabbage, celery, and carrot. Evoo and balsamic vinegar for dressing. Tasted amazing after long fast.

Did a stonglifts style workout for the most part today with a little EF thrown in. I love mixing it up. 5 sets of 5 reps for all exercises except bench and dead lift. Lifted heavy. Squats, bent over rows, overhead press, pull ups, and dips all 5x5. Bench was 4 sets mostly to failure followed but some clap push ups. Only did 2 sets of dead lifts at 225#, which was really hard for me. I would like to be able to do a 2x body weight dead lift at some point, but I have a long way to go. Finished with picnic table jumps, 3x5. They feel like sprints as I am winded after each 5. I am writing this early saturday and I am already feeling it.

No comments: